The OMG Turkeys are out-of-continuity characters who appear on the American holiday of Thanksgiving and comment on the strip and its past year. Jeph has done the strip annually since 2004.
In the 2012 version, the turkeys pointed out (somewhat correctly) that "it seems like Jeph does some big plot twist around Thanksgiving almost every year." The comment centered around three of the main "plot twists" in the comic's history (aka, "The Talk" after strip 498, "The Breakup" before strip 1804, and "Claire's Revelation" before 2326).
There were also major plot twists around the other OMG comics, such as Dora and Marten's first "date", The Vespavenger, Hannelore's Robot Boyfriend, Sven's Intern Lydia, Cosette finds Steve, and Marten's hook-up with Padma.
- "MAN WHAT IS UP WITH FAYE AND MARTEN ANYWAY"
- "YOU HAVE A POINT FAYE IS CLEARLY A TWO OR THREE-TURKEY GIRL WHEN IT COMES TO THANKSGIVING"
- "Why not? Faye is a representation of an attractive female archetype"
- "OH GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH US WE ARE OBSESSING OVER A CARTOON CHARACTER"
- "I AM SO SICK OF CREEPY DUDES OBSESSING OVER HER ON THE INTERNET"
- "I'M JUST SAYING WE SHOULD HAVE SOME DRINKS AND GET IN MY HOT TUB AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS"
- "Jimbo." "Yeah definitely Jimbo."
- "Ugh. I hate Rodney." "I heard he's not even a real turkey."
- "Baby, I got it. I might as well flaunt it."